Blaze 86 2024
Völkl Blaze 86 2024
The Blaze 86 offers an ideal combination of smooth "surfing" and lightweight, as well as featuring a 3D radius sidecut, the Blaze 86 is built with a full tip-to-tail wood core. This not only trims the weight and makes the ski more lively, but it also eliminates the need for plastic panels - a small but positive environmental aspect. Its light, snappy, and lively characteristics make it easy to thread through bumps, trees and race down the slope. The Blaze 86 is a great hybrid ski or frontside ride for lighter and less aggressive skiers.
- Tip & Tail Rocker: Bends up only in the shovel and tail zones with a camber shape in the middle.
- 3D Radius Sidecut: Three radii in one ski shape deliver maximum versatility - long radii at the tip and tail for stability and smoothness, and a short radius in the mid-body allows the skier to switch from long arcs to sharp turns at will, at any speed.
- Hybrid Multilayer Woodcore: The extra-light hybrid multilayer wood core is a very complex core that is used in the Blaze. Light and very stable poplar and beech wood are individually weighed and selected by weight before gluing. In the tip-to-tail construction, the wood extends to the tip of the blade and end, giving them the sophisticated combination of good stability and low weight. In the center of the core, a CNC-milled Isocore area contributes to optimal liveliness and dynamic development. All in all, this design allows the stability of the ski to meet the high demands of a freeride ski, and this at a weight that is only slightly higher than that of a touring ski.
- Suspension Tips and Tails: Inserts made of elastic TPU material on the edges of the tip and tail which act like a bumper in wind-blown or tracked snow. Its shock-absorbing elasticity ensures better stability and catch-free float.
- Full Sidewall: Direct and strong power transmission with full-length sidewalls.
- P-Tex 2100 Base