Blaze 86 W 2024
Völkl Women's Blaze 86 2024
The Blaze 86 W builds on what the other models are know for: lightness, versatility and agility. Because there is no TItanal, the ski is a bit more sprightly and also a bit lighter. The Blaze 86 W is designed for quick, tight turns, although the sidecut's three different radii also master demanding terrain, speed and long, drawn-out curves. Suspension tips and tails give the ski composure, increase flotation and protect the ski off-piste. The Blaze 86 W is a great ski touring option for backcountry ladies who are happy to accept 100 g of extra weight in exchange for a much improved skiing experience. Built around a light, high-performance, full tip-to-tail wood core, it can handle ascents and makes descending a pleasure. A highly versatile technological setup which gives the Blaze 86 W an intuitive feel and an unusual level of creativity.
- Tip & Tail Rocker: Bends up only in the shovel and tail zones, with a camber shape in the middle.
- 3D Radius Sidecut: Three radii in one ski shape deliver maximum versatility - long radii at the tip and tail for stability and smoothness, and a short radius in the mid-body allows the skier to switch from long arcs to short turns at will, at any speed.
- Hybrid Multilayer Woodcore: The extra-light hybrid multilayer wood core is a very complex core that is used in the Blaze. Light and very stable poplar and beech woods are individually weighed and selected by weight before gluing and used for the wood core. In the tip-to-tail construction, the wood extends to the tip of the blade and end, giving them the sophisticated combination of good stability and low weight. In the center of the core, a CNC-milled Isocore area contributes to optimal liveliness and dynamic development. All in all, this design allows the stability of the ski to meet the high demands of a freeride ski, and this at a weight that is only slightly higher than that of a touring ski.
- Suspension Tips and Tails: Inserts made of elastic TPU material on the edges of the tip and tail which act like a bumper in wind-blown or tracked snow. Its shock-absorbing elasticity ensures better stability and catch-free float.
- Full Sidewall: Direct and strong power transmission with full length sidewalls.
- P-Tex 2100 Base